Vegan Waffles are something anyone can make! I love making these on my days off… Also, I sometimes change out the blueberries for vegan chocolate chips! YUMMY!
In other words, if you want some tasty waffles without animal products in it, then follow this recipe!
Vegan Crunchy Oatmeal Waffles Stuffed with Blueberries
- 1 ½ cups blueberries frozen
- 1 cup whole white wheat flour
- 1 ½ cups non-dairy milk such as unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- ¼ tsp. ground allspice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- Powdered sugar for dusting optional
- Sift flour together with baking powder, allspice and salt into a large-sized mixing bowl and then add in the oats; mix well. Make a well in the middle and immediately add in the almond milk followed by maple syrup, applesauce, vanilla, and oil. Give everything a good stir until just combined.
- Set the batter aside and let rest at room temperature until thickens a bit, for a couple of minutes. The next step is to fold in the berries along with its accumulated juices.
- Lightly brush or spray an 8” waffle iron with oil and then add the prepared mixture into the waffle iron; cook as per the directions provided by the manufacturer.
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar over the top, if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy.
If you enjoyed this recipe, let us know that you think! You can always check out our recipe section of our blog for more great vegan recipes.
You can follow us by clicking the social media on this page.