I love Chinese food, especially when I can mix it with some rice! Well, here today we have a Vegan Sticky rice recipe. Not just plain sticky rice, it’s Thai Mango flavor.
“Sticky rice is distinct from common white rice; it’s not merely a different preparation. It’s a short-grain variety of rice grown in South East Asia.”
I hope you enjoy this Vegan Sticky rice video recipe!
Thai Mango Sticky Rice
For the Sticky Rice
- 1 cup Glutinous Rice
- 1 cup Water
- ½ cup Coconut Milk
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ¼ tsp Salt
For the Coconut Cream Sauce
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 Ripe Mangoes peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Rinse and soak glutinous rice overnight in water.
- Drain the rice and transfer to a pot with a cup of water, coconut milk, sugar, and salt.
- Stir and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to low and simmer with a lid on for 15 minutes.
- Remove pot from the heat and leave covered for 10 minutes.
- Whisk all ingredients for the sauce in a pot. Simmer over low heat until thick, stirring continuously.
- Serve sticky rice with sauce, mango slices, and sesame seeds.
Finally! Make sure to check out all our social media by clicking on the buttons on this page!