If you are looking for a delicious lunch, look no further! We made a Vegan Spicy Tomato Toast!
This is a meal that can be brought on the go and then assembled when ready to eat!
I personally love spicy food! So this recipe is perfect for anyone that likes some spice!
Although, if you are not one of those people that likes spice, then you can easily remove the red jalapeno pepper from the recipe altogether!
Enjoy this Vegan Spicy Tomato recipe!
Spicy tomato, chickpeas, and capers on toast
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- 14 oz. can chickpeas drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 shallots chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red jalapeno pepper seeded, minced
- 2 to matoes sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers rinsed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large slices GF bread like almond bread
- Combine chickpeas, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Mash the chickpeas coarsely.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add shallots, garlic, and jalapeno pepper.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Spread the chickpeas over toast. Top with shallot mixture, and tomatoes. Sprinkle the tomatoes with basil.
- Bake the bread with the topping for 8 minutes.
- Finely chop the parsley and capers. Top each toast with capers and parsley.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Serve warm.
Finally! Make sure to check out all our social media by clicking on the buttons on this page!