Vegan Panna Cotta With Apricots
If you love apricots you will love this tasty dessert.
Panna cotta is an Italian dessert of sweetened cream thickened with gelatin and molded. The cream may be aromatized with coffee, vanilla, or other flavorings.
Problem is….that’s not VEGAN! But this recipe has been veganized so you don’t have to skip the Panna Cotta because you are vegan.
Vegan Panna Cotta with Apricots
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 3/4 tsp teaspoon agar-agar
- 2 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla paste
- 4 small apricots stoned, chopped
- 1/4 tbsp lemon juice
- Combine coconut milk, agar-agar, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a saucepot.
- Bring to a gentle boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes stirring gently.
- Strain the mixture through the fine sieve. Transfer into ramekins and place in a fridge for 3 hours.
- Make the apricot sauce; place the apricots, lemon juice and remaining maple syrup in a saucepot.
- Cook until apricots are tender. Puree the apricots with an immersion blender.
- Drizzle the panna cotta with apricot puree and serve.
Feel free to check out our other great recipes and let us know what you think.
As always let’s continue to spread awareness around veganism and feel free to use the social media icons to share this post.