Vegan oral care is a very important aspect of our everyday lives, whether you are vegan or not. Just because you choose to follow a vegan lifestyle doesn’t mean you have to give up on your oral health!
There are now hundreds of cruelty free and vegan oral care products to choose from.
Here are some popular and ethical brands of vegan toothpaste, mouthwash, and floss.
Did you know that most toothpaste on the market today is actually terrible for your teeth?
They are full of harmful toxins and chemicals, especially for younger children. These toothpastes can be extremely dangerous for your health, especially if swallowed.
The great thing about vegan toothpastes is that they are more natural! This is great if you are looking for some vegan oral care such as, fluoride free toothpastes.
Here’s a list of some popular vegan toothpaste brands:
- Bronner – This all-in-one toothpaste stimulates the mouth, teeth, gums and tongue, leaving them fresh and clean.
- Davids – This brand uses natural ingredients to safely and effectively fight to remove plaque, whiten teeth, and freshen breath.
- Sharp – This company uses sustainable non-GMO and vegan ingredients that are free of parabens, sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), alcohol and gluten. All of their toothpastes are fluoride free.
- Himalaya – This brand uses herbal and natural ingredients to whiten teeth and keep them healthy. They have a variety of different flavors.
- Jason – Jason toothpastes help reduce tartar build-up and freshen your breath. Their formulas don’t contain gluten and are all Kosher certified. They have many options to choose from.
- Tom’s of Maine – All of their toothpastes have The American Dental Association’s Seal of Acceptance, a trusted symbol of a dental product’s safety and effectiveness.
- Earthpaste – A natural toothpaste with only 5 natural ingredients – water, redmond clay, real salt, essential oils, and xylitol.
- Kiss my Face – Their toothpaste combines a unique combination of ingredients such as natural aloe vera, essential oils and botanical extracts for fresh breath, clean teeth and healthy gums.
- Desert Essence – Their toothpaste is made with powerful but gentle ingredients like Tea Tree Oil, Fennel, and Mint. Free of gluten, fluoride, and harsh abrasives, they help give teeth a deep clean.
- Nature’s Gate – This company has many flavors of natural toothpastes.
- Radius – Certified organic toothpaste, this brand also makes child-friendly toothpastes.
- Green Beaver – These fluoride-free pastes are loaded with excellent natural cleaning properties, such as GMO-free coco-glucoside from coconut and fruit, as well as xylitol from North American hardwood trees.
- Auromere – This is a brand of Ayurvedic toothpaste that combines the natural fibre PEELU with the astringent and invigorating properties of NEEM and 24 other barks, roots, plants and flowers for maintaining optimum dental hygiene.
- Eco-Dent – This natural company makes toothpastes for sensitive teeth.
Here is a list of some popular vegan oral care mouthwashes:
- Desert Essence’s Tea Tree Oil Mouthwash – Flavored with Spearmint, this effective, dentist-recommended mouthwash features the inherent antiseptic properties of pure Tea Tree Oil.
- TheraBreath Oral Rinses – All TheraBreath Oral Rinses contain powerful oxygenating compounds that stop bad breath instantly, maintain your fresh breath all day and promote optimal oral health.
- Eco-Dent Premium Oral Care Mouthwash – Alcohol-free daily rinses.
- Nature’s Answer Mouthwash – Alcohol free and natural mint mouthwashes.
Here are some popular vegan floss options:
- Radius Vegan Xylitol Floss (55yd) – Cranberry floss that has antibacterial properties.
- Eco-Dent Gentle Floss Premium Dental Floss – Vegan floss waxed using rice bran. The only floss waxed with 100% vegetable waxes.
Do you know of any other vegan toothpastes, mouthwashes, or floss that can be added to these lists? Please feel free to share this post and comment below.