This vegan mushroom stew is a delicious recipe that is easy to make. We only need a few main ingredients and some spices to make the dish taste better.
When I made this dish it came out more dry than an actual stew! So the recipe could always use more vegetable broth if needed.
I personally love both mushrooms and eggplants so this dish was perfect for my liking. Adding the seitan made all the ingredients come together nicely.
Enjoy this vegan mushroom stew!
Seitan Eggplant Mushrooms Stew
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 oz. package seitan cubed
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 small eggplant cubed
- ½ red bell pepper seeded, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper seeded, sliced
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste sugar-free
- Sprinkle eggplant with salt and place in a colander. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat half the olive oil and cook seitan for 3 minutes. Place aside.
- Heat remaining olive oil. Add mushrooms, eggplant, and bell peppers.
- Pour in vegetable stock and add thyme. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste and add seitan. Cook further for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Finally! Make sure to check out all our social media by clicking on the buttons on this page!