This Vegan Mushroom Soup is made in no time! With mushrooms, garlic, onions, thyme, and parsley. This flavor-packed recipe is perfect for anyone who likes mushrooms!
Personally, I have loved mushrooms my whole life! As a kid, I would always eat raw mushrooms and the cooked ones I loved even more.
Mushrooms are low in calories, great sources of fiber and protein (very good for plant-based diets/lifestyles). Also, they provide many important nutrients, including B vitamins, selenium, potassium, copper, and vitamin D (when exposed to the sun).
Vegan Mushroom Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb. mushrooms any kind, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon juiced
- 3 sprigs thyme chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- Heat olive oil in a saucepot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and mushrooms, cook stirring for 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and thyme. Cook for 1 minute.
- Deglaze the pan with 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable stock. Pour in remaining vegetable stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the saucepot from the heat and puree the mushrooms with an immersion blender. Add almond milk and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice, parsley, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add parsley and remove from the heat.
- Serve soup warm.
Finally! Make sure to check out all our social media by clicking on the buttons on this page!
Be sure to comment and share if you enjoyed this recipe.