One of my dream locations to visit is the Mediterranean! Although, I probably won’t try to visit for a while. I will have to stick with just eating Vegan Mediterranean Couscous for now!
Couscous is a pasta made from semolina flour mixed with water.
Although couscous is naturally vegan. Most of the time what is added into the dish makes it not vegan!
So we have made a Vegan Mediterranean Couscous!
Mediterranean Couscous Salad
- medium saucepan
- 1 cup vegetable stock preferably homemade
- ½ cup couscous uncooked
- 1 small cucumber unpeeled but properly washed, diced
- 3 medium tomatoes diced and seeded
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 medium green onions chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- In a medium saucepan heat stock over high heat and bring to boil.
- Stir in couscous and remove from the heat. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine cucumber, tomatoes, onions, and cilantro.
- Add couscous. In a small bowl whisk olive oil, lemon juice, and salt. Pour over prepared couscous and veggies. Toss to combine and serve.
Finally! Make sure to check out all our social media by clicking on the buttons on this page!