Vegan Hummus… Something that everyone has tried once in their life. Though some people probably haven’t had Toast with Hummus.
I love to make this for lunch when I can’t figure out what to eat.
Now that I have this recipe to follow, I no longer will have to buy store bought Hummus!
Vegan Toast with Hummus
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- ½ cup can chickpeas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- Make the hummus; drain and rinse chickpeas. Combine all the hummus ingredients in a food blender, except the olive oil.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add olive oil and blend for 30 seconds more.
- In the meantime, toast bread in a toaster.
- Spread the hummus over bread and serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Also, click on the social media buttons to follow us on our vegan journey!