This article will be the ultimate guide for vegan holiday gift ideas or just vegan gifts in general. Whether you are vegan yourself and don’t know what to ask for from your friends and family, or whether you are the friend, sibling, parent, or family member of a vegan, this is the perfect vegan holiday gift guide.
Even though this is a vegan holiday gift list that would be great for Christmas, these gifts are perfect to give any vegans on their birthday, or any other special occasion as well.
Before we get into a list of the perfect vegan holiday gift ideas, here are some things that you should never gift to a vegan. It makes for a very uncomfortable and awkward situation when a vegan receives a gift that doesn’t align with their morals and values!
- Any food item that contains meat, dairy, fish, eggs, honey, gelatin, or whey
- Any makeup items that have been tested on animals and doesn’t have the cruelty-free symbol on it
- Any clothes that include fur, leather, wool, or silk in it
- Candles made out of beeswax
Basically, it’s important that you do your research beforehand and never gift an item that contains animal ingredients, or was tested on animals.
Now, let’s get onto the gifts! No matter what type of person you are looking to find a gift for, there are so many items to choose from. Here are 18 amazing gift ideas:
- Vegan Cookbooks – These are the perfect things to give to any vegan, whether they are new vegans or have been vegan for years. You can choose dessert cookbooks, savory cookbooks, or ones that include all kinds of recipes. Some example cookbook titles include: The Edgy Veg, Thug Kitchen, A Vegan Pantry, Vegan Without Borders, Hot For Food Vegan Comfort Classics, The Oh She Glows Cookbook, Vegan Cooking for Carnivores, and Chloe’s Kitchen.
- Vegan Apparel – Apparel is a great option for many vegans. Vegan t-shirts, sweaters, sweatpants, tank tops, and more. If you are unsure of their size, you can always get them a gift card to an apparel company that you know they like. Some great apparel companies are: Herbivore Clothing, Compassion Co., Alba Paris, In the Soulshine, and more!
- Vegan Food – Food is always a great gift. Put together a box or basket with a whole bunch of awesome vegan products such as cookies, vegan hazelnut spread, chips, granola bars, gummies, chocolate, or any food that you know the person likes. Search at health food stores and in the natural foods section of grocery stores to find unique and interesting vegan products!
- Vegan Cuts Subscription – Vegan Cuts is an online subscription box company and marketplace that sells amazing vegan items at a discounted price. You can buy a pre-paid gift subscription for their beauty boxes (a box that comes to your door each month with 5-7 beauty items), or their snack boxes (a box that arrives monthly with at least 10 snacks). You can buy them a subscription for 3 months, 6 months, or a year, whatever you can afford. This is a great option because it’s not just a one-time thing, it’s something that they will enjoy month after month.
- Lush Gift Boxes – Lush is a great company because everything is cruelty-free and handmade. They have holiday-themed baskets you can gift that include items such as bath bombs, soaps, shampoos, and much more. You can also get them a lush gift card so they can choose items for themselves. Please note that not all their products are vegan but they are cruelty free. You can look for the vegan symbol on the products to confirm the product is vegan.
- Vegan Boots – If you live in a cold area, you can gift vegan winter boots! Unfortunately, many boots come with leather. However, there are some awesome vegan companies that offer vegan boots. Have a peek at the shoes and boots they already own to find out their size. You can order boots online from companies such as Will’s Vegan Shoes and Native Shoes. If you are truly unsure of their size, you can also get them a gift card to these online stores. If you are looking for some amazing cowboy boots, check out Kat Mendenhall her boots are handcrafted right here in my hometown of Texas.
- Vegan Bags – Bags are another great gift. Just like boots, many bags unfortunately have leather in them. Whether you want to gift backpacks, purses, or shoulder bags, you will definitely find something. You can check out the article that I wrote about vegan bags & wallets for more inspiration here.
- Vegan Makeup – Makeup and beauty products are always a wonderful thing to gift. When looking for vegan makeup, always search for the cruelty-free symbol, and check to make sure that all of the ingredients are fully vegan and that the item doesn’t contain ingredients such as lanolin or beeswax. If you don’t want to gift makeup, you can also gift other beauty items such as face masks, skin creams, lip balm, toothpaste, and more. For men, you can give them beard oils, vegan deodorants, and shaving gels and creams.
- Books – Books are the perfect thing to buy for bookworms. There are so many vegan themed books out there. Whether you are looking for something that focuses on animal rights, environmentalism, or health, you are sure to find something. Some example book titles include: My very own book, My Vegan Dreams, Eating Animals, The World Peace Diet, How Not to Die, The Starch Solution, and more.
- Donation to Farm Sanctuaries – If the person you are buying a gift for is passionate about a specific animal sanctuary, you can always make a donation to the sanctuary in their name. Alternatively, you can also sponsor an animal in their name, and each month they would receive photos and updates on how that animal is doing. Not all sanctuaries offer opportunities to sponsor their animal residents, but many of them do!
- Gift Card to a Vegan Restaurant – If there is a vegan restaurant in your area that you or your loved one regularly goes to, this is a wonderful gift option. Let them enjoy a fully vegan meal of their choice on you!
- Take a Vegan Challenge – If you are struggling with ideas of what to give to your child, sibling, significant other, or friend, one of the best things that you can do for them is to take the vegan challenge. On January 1st, try being vegan for 30 days. This will likely make them so happy. There are tons of resources online that will help you, and it’s a great way to show your support for their lifestyle. Who knows, maybe after the 30 days you will love it so much that you decide to stay vegan!
- Vegan Engraved Cutlery – On Etsy, there are many shops that sell hand-engraved utensils and cutlery. Whether it’s a fork, spoon, or knife, you can get these items fully customized so they can say whatever you want. Some popular word choices are “vegan,” “plant-powered,” and so on.
- Kitchen Appliances – Kitchen appliances are fantastic gifts to give to anyone who loves to cook. Some awesome appliances to gift include blenders, food processors, spiralizers, rice cookers, air fryers, and instant pots.
- Baked Vegan Goods – Homemade gifts are so touching. If you love to cook, you can bake cookies or any other dessert to gift. You can also make pre-made soup mixes and store them in pretty mason jars, or even pre-made cookie jars where all you do is add a few simple ingredients and bake.
- Vegan Tote Bag – Everyone needs a reusable grocery bag, and there are so many vegan tote bags to choose from. Search online on places such as Etsy until you find the perfect one to gift. You can get many tote bags that say “vegan,” “plant-based,” “powered by plants” and so on.
- Soy Candles – Soy candles are a great little gift to give. Many candles aren’t vegan because of beeswax, so simply look for ones that are made with soy instead. Etsy would be a great place to find them.
- Magazine Subscription – If you know that the person you are looking for a gift for loves a specific magazine, buy them a years subscription to it! Some awesome vegan magazines include Thrive, Veg News, and Chickpea magazine.
There are so many other great gifts to give, these are just a few popular vegan holiday gift ideas. Some other ideas include tea, vegan children’s books, vegan dog treats, plants, water filters, and so much more.
If you have any other vegan holiday gift ideas, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment and let me know!