Vegan French Toast… Don’t want to use animal products? No problem.
Therefore, this Vegan French Toast is delicious and is made with almond milk, cinnamon, maple, nutritional yeast, little flour, and delicious fruit as a topping.
Also, make sure to use thick bread!
Delicious French Toast With Added Fruits
- 6 slices of ciabatta bread sliced approximately ¾” thick (preferably a day-old; remember not to use the wimpy sandwich bread)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat or millet flour
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup plus more for serving
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Coconut oil for the pan
- 1 cup almond milk
- A tiny pinch of salt
- Fresh fruit
- Vegan butter
- Powdered sugar
- Maple syrup
- Whisk almond milk together with nutritional yeast, flour, maple syrup, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt in a small-sized bowl; whisk well.
- Place the bread (with sides) in a shallow dish (large enough to hold the bread completely). Pour the prepared mixture on top of the bread and then flip or lift the bread over to ensure both sides are coated evenly.
- Now, over medium heat in a large skillet; heat a drizzle of the coconut oil. When hot, carefully add the bread slices & cook until turn golden brown, for a couple of minutes on each side.
- Serve with a dab of vegan butter, powdered sugar, fresh fruit and maple syrup. Enjoy.
If you enjoyed this recipe, then let us know!
Also to follow us, click on the social media buttons on this page!