Savory Vegan Crepes With Mushroom Cream
A light, interesting, and healthy-fast packed pancakes you can make for breakfast or dinner while respecting all the principles of the Vegan diet.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 1/3 cups almond milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds + 2/3 cup water
- 4 portabella mushrooms, caps only
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup macadamia nuts soaked 4 hours
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 4 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- Make the crepes; in a food blender, blend all ingredients.
- Let the batter rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Pour ¼ cup batter into skillet and swirl to distribute the batter evenly over the skillet bottom.
- Cook until bubbles appear and carefully fill the crepe to another side.
- Cook for 1 minute. Repeat with remaining batter. Keep pancakes warm.
- Heat oven to 375F and grease baking sheet with some cooking spray.
- Place the mushrooms on a baking sheet and season with salt.
- In a food blender, process olive oil, garlic, and thyme. Brush each mushroom with prepared mixture and bake for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the mushrooms to a food blender. Drain and rinse macadamia nuts and place in a food blender with mushrooms. Blend until coarsely chopped.
- Spread the mushrooms over crepes and roll or fold gently.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional info per serving:
- Calories 335
- Total Fat 32.3g
- Saturated Fat 11.2g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 63mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2g
- Total Sugars 1.3g
- Protein 4.6g
Feel free to share our Vegan crepes recipe by using the social media icons on this page!