Vegan churros? Yes indeed!
This may come as a surprise to many, but up until a year ago I had no idea what churros were.
Yep, you heard that right. We were at the State Fair and a friend of mine asked to go to the churros cart because she was craving churros.
We walked over the the cart, not too surprised at all, the churros were not vegan.
While I watched her eat her churros and talk about how amazing they were, I decided that it was time for some vegan churros in my own house.
So today we have a great new recipe called vegan churros, free of harm!
- 1.5 cups Water
- 2 cups Flour
- 2.5 tbsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- Bring water to a boil.
- Stir in salt, sugar, and coconut oil.
- Remove from heat and stir in flour until everything comes together into a smooth ball of dough.
- Stir brown sugar and cinnamon powder in a bowl. Set aside.
- Put mixture into a star-tipped piping bag.
- Pipe into hot oil and fry until golden.
- Toss churros in cinnamon sugar.
Now when my friend stops she gets vegan churros!
What do you think? Do you think you could make some vegan churros?
Let me know if you decide to make these and keep me posted. Be sure to check out our other great vegan desserts right here on our blog.