Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream, one of my favorite ice cream flavors! A creamy and delicious dessert that has been eaten for ages!
No matter how old you are I hope you are able to enjoy Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream!
It’s always fun making this recipe and then enjoying the final product!
Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
- large sauce pan
- churning bowl
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 ¼ cups thick coconut cream or full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 2/3 cup cane sugar organic
- 6 ounces vegan dark chocolate finely chopped
- ¾ cup water
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Add the ice cream churning bowl to a freezer and let chill at least a day before you plan to make this recipe.
- Prepare your base the same day. Add cane sugar together with the coconut milk, cocoa powder, water and salt to a large-sized saucepan; whisk until combined well.
- Bring everything together to a low boil, whisking every now and then.
- Once it reaches a low boil, continue to cook & whisk for a minute more.
- Remove from heat & add in the vanilla and chocolate. Continue to whisk until completely melted; removing any graininess.
- Add the mixture to a blender & blend on high settings for half a minute. Transfer to the mixing bowl & let thoroughly chill for overnight.
- Add the chilled base to the ice cream maker & churn as per the instructions provided by the manufacturer.
- Serve with coconut whipped cream and ripe strawberries and enjoy.
Calories: 299kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 2.3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 8.9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1.9g | Cholesterol: 1.4mg | Sodium: 76mg | Potassium: 133mg | Fiber: 2.3g | Sugar: 41g
If you enjoyed this recipe, make sure to check out our other recipes over on our blog
Finally! Make sure to check out all our social media by clicking on the buttons on this page!