Vegan Cheesecake? What? Yes!
For those of you that love cheesecake and lime then you are going to love this new recipe, raw lime vegan cheesecake cups.
I don’t know about you but I always get a bit mad and somewhat annoyed when my friends order cheesecake after dinner at a restaurant.
One, because they are supporting animal cruelty but two, because I want some vegan cheesecake.
I seriously don’t think I have ever seen vegan cheesecake at a restaurant unless of course it’s an all vegan restaurant then maybe I will get lucky.
This tasty recipe starts with the crust made with dates and walnuts, then moves on to the filling preparation.
What I love most about this recipe is it’s easy, quick, and few ingredients. Plus, these raw lime vegan cheesecake cups are tasty.
Need to bring dessert to a pot luck? Here’s a great recipe.
Raw Lime Vegan Cheesecake Cups
For the Crust:
- ½ cup California Dates
- ½ cup Raw Walnuts
For the Filling:
- 1 cup Raw Cashews
- ½ cup Coconut Cream
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- Zest of 2 Limes
- Soak cashews in cold water overnight.
- In a food processor, blend dates and walnuts into a lump mixture. Press down to the bottoms of a silicone cupcake mold.
- Drain cashews and pat dry. Combine with all ingredients for the filling in a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Pour cashew mixture into cupcake molds.
- Cover with plastic film and leave in the freezer overnight.
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to use the social media icons on this page to share.