Today we have a delicious Vegan Black Bean Soup. This recipe can be made in an instant pot! Although it could just be made in a pot as well!
If anyone is looking for a meal with protein, then look no further!
When I made this I actually added dairy-free sour cream on top, but that is optional.
When it starts to get colder here in Texas I will definitely be making this more often!
Finally, enjoy this Vegan Black Bean Soup!
Black Bean Soup
- Instant Pot
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 ½ cups cooked beans
- 1 onion diced
- 14 oz. chopped tomatoes with juices
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place 1 ½ cups of cooked beans in a bowl. Mash the beans with a potato masher.
- Set your Instant pot to Sauté setting.
- Add 2 tablespoons vegetable stock. Add diced onion and cook in the stock for 4 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining vegetable stock, cumin, and mashed beans.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Stir in chopped tomatoes, remaining beans, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lock the lid in place.
- Set the Instant pot to Bean/Stew option and cook for 15 minutes.
- Once the cooking cycle is done, press the Cancel button.
- Release the pressure and serve the soup warm.
- You can serve the soup with chopped avocado or cilantro.
Finally! Make sure to check out all our social media by clicking on the buttons on this page!