Today we have a delicious Vegan Black Bean Soup. This recipe can be made in an instant pot! Although it could just be made in a pot as well!
If anyone is looking for a meal with protein, then look no further!
When I made this I actually added dairy-free sour cream on top, but that is optional.
When it starts to get colder here in Texas I will definitely be making this more often!
Finally, enjoy this Vegan Black Bean Soup!
Black Bean Soup
- Instant Pot
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 ½ cups cooked beans
- 1 onion diced
- 14 oz. chopped tomatoes with juices
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place 1 ½ cups of cooked beans in a bowl. Mash the beans with a potato masher.
- Set your Instant pot to Sauté setting.
- Add 2 tablespoons vegetable stock. Add diced onion and cook in the stock for 4 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining vegetable stock, cumin, and mashed beans.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Stir in chopped tomatoes, remaining beans, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lock the lid in place.
- Set the Instant pot to Bean/Stew option and cook for 15 minutes.
- Once the cooking cycle is done, press the Cancel button.
- Release the pressure and serve the soup warm.
- You can serve the soup with chopped avocado or cilantro.
If you enjoyed this recipe, make sure to check out our other recipes over on our blog
Finally! Make sure to check out all our social media by clicking on the buttons on this page!