For being from Texas, I used to love BBQ, but now that I’m vegan, I can’t have the typical Texas BBQ. I found a delicious Vegan BBQ Bowl!
Finally, I have a Vegan BBQ Bowl dish that I can make when I want some BBQ!
BBQ Soy Curls Bowl With Ranch Dressing
- 2 cups soy curls
- 1 cup pinto beans
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- ¼ white onion small, sliced thinly
- 2 collard greens leaves de-stemmed & chopped into thin strips
- ½ cup brown rice uncooked
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil divided
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2-3 tbsp. vegan ranch dressing
- 1 cup BBQ sauce divided
- Cook the rice as per the directions mentioned on the package, preferably in a small saucepan.
- Place the soy curls in a small bowl & cover them with the warm water. Cover with a lid & let rest for 10 minutes.
- Once done, drain the water. Now, over moderate heat settings in a large skillet; heat 1 tbsp of the coconut oil.
- Add in the re-hydrated soy curls along with a ¾ cup of BBQ sauce to the hot oil.
- Sauté for 8 to 10 minutes, until BBQ sauce has absorbed into the curls & soy curls are blackened, stirring frequently.
- Immediately remove from the heat; set aside.
- Now, over medium-low heat settings in a small skillet; heat the leftover coconut oil. Add and sauté the onions for a couple of minutes, until turn translucent & fragrant.
- Add in the chopped collard greens & sauté until the greens are slightly wilted and reflect a shiny dark green color, stirring often. Remove from the skillet.
- Clean the skillet & place it over the heat again. Add in the pinto beans, nutritional yeast & leftover BBQ sauce. Give everything a good stir.
For Assembling The Bowls
- Fill the bottom of each bowl with rice and then top with the soy curls, pinto beans & collard greens.
- Drizzle the vegan ranch on top; serve immediately & enjoy.
Finally! Make sure to check out all our social media by clicking on the buttons on this page!