Mexican Quinoa Bowl – Vegan, Delicious and Tasty
Ready for something quick to prepare that is light and healthy? Check out today’s tasty recipe, Mexican Quinoa Bowl.
We typically will cook up a large batch to keep in the refrigerator and eat over a few days. When we do this we will add the avocado slices at each serving so the avocado doesn’t go bad.
Feel free to adjust serving size on the recipe box to suit your needs.
Mexican Quinoa Bowl
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 cup Uncooked Quinoa
- 2 cups Water
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Chopped Cilantro
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 4 Tomatoes seeds removed, diced
- 2 Tomatillos husks removed, cut into ¼-inch pieces
- 1 Jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 tbsp Lime Juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups Fresh Corn Kernels
- 2 cups Black Beans Cooked
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chipotle Powder
- 2 medium Avocados sliced, optional
- Cook the quinoa; in a large dry saucepan toast the quinoa until golden-brown. Watch it carefully not to burn.
- Add the water and salt. Give it a good stir.
- Bring mixture to a boil, and reduce heat. Decrease heat to low and simmer 15 minutes. Do not stir too often as you will ruin the grains.
- Remove from the heat, and stir in cilantro and lime juice. Allow to stand for 10 minutes, covered. Fluff with fork.
- Make the salsa: combine tomatoes, tomatillos, jalapeno, lime juice, and salt. Place aside.
- Assemble; heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet.
- Add corn, ½ teaspoon chili and ½ teaspoon chipotle powder. Saute 5 minutes.
- Toss in the beans and stir gently to coat with the spices. Allow to cool.
- Divide quinoa, salsa, corn, and the beans among four serving bowls.
- Top with avocado if desired.
Let me know what you think in the comments below! Feel free to share on social media so we can continue spreading awareness around veganism and the plethora of food options that do no harm.