Lentil Beet Burger
Seems like everyone is gathering on the 4th of July, Memorial day and Labor day for a cookout. You know what I am talking about?
Hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill. Well now you can bring your own burger and not miss out on the fun.
Just prepare this recipe ahead of time and head on over to the cookout with your own vegan burger.
Feel free to print out the recipe and enjoy!
Vegan Lentil Beet Burger
- 2 large Beets, Peeled, Cubed
- 1 medium Red Onion, Cut into Chunks
- 1/2 cup Red Kidney Beans
- 1/2 cup Red Cooked Quinoa
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 tbsp Almond Meal
- 2 tbsp Ground Flax
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt to taste
- 4 buns Vegan
- 1 medium Avocado, Pitted, Peeled
- 3 tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Tahini Sauce
- 2 tbsp Chopped Coriander
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Toss beet and onion with a splash of olive oil.
- Season with salt. Bake the beets for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the beets and onion into a food blender.
- Add the beans and blend until coarse. You do not want a completely smooth mixture.
- Stir in quinoa, garlic, almond meal, flax seeds, lemon juice, cumin, and red pepper flakes.
- Shape the mixture into four patties.
- Transfer the patties to a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the patties 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- In the meantime, make the tahini guac; mash the avocado with lime juice in a bowl.
- Stir in tahini and coriander. Season to taste.
- To serve; place the patty in the bun, top with guacamole and serve.
Do you have a favorite vegan burger? Feel free to share in the comments below.
Stay tuned for more great recipes.